Monday, October 17, 2016

"Benefits of Not Bathing?" by Lauren McBride, Frequent Contributor


Benefits of Not Bathing?
Lauren McBride

One day I skipped my shower.
No one seemed to mind.
No one even noticed
and I saved myself some time -

not to mention all that water,
soap and washcloths, too;
towels, Q-tips, lotion,
and obviously, shampoo.

Hey, I can keep my cash
by not bathing every day.
Am I the only one who sees
the advantages this way?

I could throw away my toothbrush -
save on mouthwash, floss and paste.
Skip the dentist altogether.
All those visits - such a waste!

Now I’m old and wealthy
but bald with a toothless grin.
And I can’t enjoy my money,
‘cause the bank won’t let me in!


Poet’s Notes: When I saw the prompt that became the title of this poem, I knew I wanted my poem to rhyme and be lighthearted, a poem written just for the fun of it. While words can be powerful, sometimes it is nice if they merely provide a momentary distraction, or better yet, a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS, PLEASE. ONLY POSITIVE COMMENTS WITH ATTRIBUTION (YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS) WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR PUBLICATION. OUR MODERATORS WILL SCREEN OUT ALL COMMENTS THAT DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA. ALL COMMENTS ARE SCREENED.

If you wish to provide suggestions, feedback, or constructive criticism to the Songs of Eretz staff, please send your thoughts to SWGordonMD@gmail.com. You may or may not receive a response, but your thoughts will be read.