Wednesday, July 27, 2016

"Gravity Waves" by Tricia Knoll, Frequent Contributor


Gravity Waves
Tricia Knoll

warping space time we thought
was all science fiction
when Einstein said a hundred times
or was it a hundred years ago
the black holes dance together,
losing mass as energy
warps as beam.

So infinitesimally small
and so infinitesimally big
the words we struggle
to lay out on a warp
and declination
we can understand.

Quakes in the spacetime,
the scientist said I made one
lurching out of bed
for the shower
five minutes after
the alarm clock rang.
I thought so
gravitationswellen.
Swelling time
to just make enough.

Poet’s Notes:  I read a daily science news blog. The discovery of gravity waves that Einstein predicted so long ago, well, that amazed me. I think I feel them moving through me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS, PLEASE. ONLY POSITIVE COMMENTS WITH ATTRIBUTION (YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS) WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR PUBLICATION. OUR MODERATORS WILL SCREEN OUT ALL COMMENTS THAT DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA. ALL COMMENTS ARE SCREENED.

If you wish to provide suggestions, feedback, or constructive criticism to the Songs of Eretz staff, please send your thoughts to SWGordonMD@gmail.com. You may or may not receive a response, but your thoughts will be read.