Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New Poem: "Snow flurries fall (after Timothy O'Keefe)"

The latest addition to my Snowetry collection is "Snow flurries fall."  I was inspired by seeing a poem prominently posted in the Title Nine women's clothing store at the Park Place shopping mall in Leawood, Kansas (I was there with my wife).  I did not know at the time that I was reading a poem after Timothy O'Keefe (pictured) until I saw yet another one, this one definitely by O'Keefe, on the back of this month's The American Poetry Review.  Additional information about this up-and-coming poet may be found here:  http://www.pw.org/content/timothy_oampkeefe.

It was both fun and challenging to compose a poem after O'Keefe's style.  I persevered until I had filled an entire page side-to-side, single spaced--a full 730 words.  It took several sessions over several days to complete.  I ended the poem as it began, coming full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS, PLEASE. ONLY POSITIVE COMMENTS WITH ATTRIBUTION (YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS) WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR PUBLICATION. OUR MODERATORS WILL SCREEN OUT ALL COMMENTS THAT DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA. ALL COMMENTS ARE SCREENED.

If you wish to provide suggestions, feedback, or constructive criticism to the Songs of Eretz staff, please send your thoughts to SWGordonMD@gmail.com. You may or may not receive a response, but your thoughts will be read.