Saturday, October 26, 2013

New Poem: "Wake Up, America!"

"Wake Up, America!" is technically not a new poem.  I wrote it in December of 2009 when I was apparently feeling betrayed by the violations of the Constitution of the United States that were occurring (and, sadly, continue to occur).  The poem is a ballad of five quatrains that laments what TV's Andy Levy calls "the pussification of America."

I submitted the ballad as a "letter to the editor" of the Kansas City Star back when I originally composed it.  The Star declined to publish it.  I'm not sure why I then decided to file it without ever attempting to market it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO ANONYMOUS OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS, PLEASE. ONLY POSITIVE COMMENTS WITH ATTRIBUTION (YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS) WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR PUBLICATION. OUR MODERATORS WILL SCREEN OUT ALL COMMENTS THAT DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA. ALL COMMENTS ARE SCREENED.

If you wish to provide suggestions, feedback, or constructive criticism to the Songs of Eretz staff, please send your thoughts to SWGordonMD@gmail.com. You may or may not receive a response, but your thoughts will be read.